Determine whether or not each sentence below would help the ETHOS, LOGOS, or PATHOS of an essay’s argument and then determine what kind of claim/argument it is using (for kinds of claims, refer to this post).
- “By 2018, 60 percent of job openings will require college education.”
- I will explain the benefits of teaching religion in school and how it has helped me in so many ways.
- We, as college students, should do more about civil rights, because we, as college students, have the most influential voice, after a rich, straight, christian male.
- Many famous women, such as Patricia Arquette have spoken on National TV about the issue of gender inequality in paid employment.
- I will include people who have been very successful and give credit to their college education.
- Police brutality has become more prevalent.
- College costs thousands of dollars, and if you aren’t going to be paid much for what your job and degree offers, maybe you are better off not going at all.
- Those advocating for more civil rights protections are the flame and every time we try to appease it to put out the fire (or concerns) all we end up doing is spreading it, making it larger.
- I plan to list the prices paid to those with a degree compared to without along with the chances of examples of how your chances are raised for getting hired with a degree.